Monday, February 23, 2015

SBI poor banking experience!

Do you believe, I wasted my one good Saturday on bank to make simple new ATM PIN request. When I entered to the bank (SBI, Tiruchengode branch - SBIN0000968), I was feel like I entered in the vegetable Market (Crowded), I noticed 50 peoples on a queue, waiting on SWO section for queries. Unfortunately there was no one in the chair to attend for long time! Yes, 1/3 chairs where empty! I searched for the new ATM PIN form, but I don't find one, then security guided me to stay on the queue to get form. After I wasting few hours on the queue, I got a very simple form to fill up. Once I filled up, then I return the officer, she asked to meet some other bank officer inside, I noticed there was 20 people queue with no officer on their chair. She came after 40 minutes after I joined the queue. She asked my passbook, please note "PASSBOOK" is mandatory to request new ATM PIN!!!. I already thrown out 15 days before in the same bank for same request for the reason I didn't bring passbook. So this time I was very clever, I gave my passbook to her. She started checking my accounts from computer, then said "You never did cash transaction with bank!", Yes, never done direct cash transaction using ATM, but I have decent online transactions every month. She send me out to do the minimum cash deposit(100 RS) on cash deposit machine, I saw a large queue on machine. I was already frustrated and tired on spending very long valuable hours on bank.  Before, I finish cash transation clock ticked the service hour (Saturday- semi working day). I went out with severe headache and frustration. oh wait, I definitely hmmm may be, next time I make new password request successfully! Since I have passbook, cash transaction and few headache tablets as well :( :)    
clock ticked the service hour (Saturday- semi working day).

 
I had same situation(new ATM PIN request) with different bank (HDFC). There solution was very simple, I logged in to the HDFC online bank, Made new ATM pin request, bank sends me the 1 week valid OTP to my mobile phone. Using that OTP, I changed my ATM password on convenient time. So do you compare both service?


Why's???
  1. Why still bank wasting tons of paper with forms?
  2. Why we need cash transaction to get new ATM password?
  3.  Why bank keeping form with officer, Why customer need to wait hours just to get form. Why don't the hang or placed in box for customer easy access?
  4. Why don't bank receive these simple request form from a box, now days bank collecting even cash deposit throw box!?
  5. Why we need a passbook? Why customers need regular transaction entries in book, It's again waste of paper. Why don't find bank alernets?
  6. Why most of the employee sheets were empty? It shows poor governs!
  7. Why don't bank update their online/ATM software for smart banking.


I think superiors really need a eye on these small fixes, This will really increase bank credibility and will not waste customer valuable holidays :)

Last but not least, bank suggestion/ complaint box will never work so don't waste your time - warned by security chief of bank !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment